Re: [tlug] Open source license (wikipedia)

> words in a given text. Now ask yourself, would you need a license to publish how
> many characters and words are in any given copyrighted text? Absolutely not.

Unless the original license terms forbid this? (This is what the BCCWJ
does.)  (E.g. See article 4 of
http://pj.ninjal.ac.jp/corpus_center/bccwj/en/doc/sub/BCCWJ_ContractAcademic_EN.pdf
)

Wikipedia is under the GFDL, and I don't see anything explicit about
statistical analysis, one way or the other.
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

Darren