Re: [tlug] remote access to server

It just so happens that I've been researching this myself lately. I'm a fan of ip whitelists.

"ssh ip whitelists" in your favorite search engine should bring up a bunch of hits giving various methods -- many of which could be used in combination if you really wanted to go the overkill route.

But for convenience, here's an ssh config method: https://debian-administration.org/article/685/Restricting_SSH_logins_to_particular_IP_addresses
and here's a firewall setup tutorial for more general stuff but that also includes a short ssh section https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/ufw-essentials-common-firewall-rules-and-commands it's UFW specific, but since you are using debian I figure the chances are reasonably high...