Re: [tlug] Organize a one-off technical meeting?

On 6 October 2016 at 16:35, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:
> SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. writes:
>  > Please allow me to touch once again about what I perceive as a way
>  > forward not only with the meetings but specifically with a web-based
>  > bulleting board / forum.
>
> That's not a way forward for me; if I have to go to a forum, I won't
> -- I just don't have time and desire to be going to multiple forums
> (for some reason, issue trackers are different, dunno why).  And
> forums do an absymal job of handling email notifications so far; I
> won't enable those.  The group can (and should) do what it wants, but
> web-based forums it will do without me.

I'm not a forum person, either. Don't even like them for issue-trackers.
It's probably age, but I like to have a single stream of items arriving,
preferably with enough information in the header/subject that I can go:
delete, delete, delete, read, delete, ..... Email works fine.

If I can't get an email stream from something, I try for an RSS feed, and
have an RSS reader running (one tab in a browser, app on my ใ‚นใƒžใƒ›)
which I can check a few times a day.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University