Re: [tlug] DDB/CJKV-E Web Host under DDOS attack

Josh Glover writes:

 > That's a very interesting idea. Of course, the difficult bit is
 > convincing the owners of said PCs to let you have a slice of their
 > machine for your code execution.

If I understand the proposal correctly, hardly so.

Aside from the sleazebags who run botnets[1], note that Google already
has a piece of my machine (GMail and especially Inbox).  And I don't
know about Android (for hysterical raisins I use iOS devices), but on
iOS devices it's basically impossible to do anything without
installing an app, and while I don't enable apps to do anything unless
I installed them for exactly that reason (which often means I
uninstall them immediately because they refuse to do useful work
unless I let them use my camera, my mike, and the 'net, uh-uh, no-no,
not a chance), everybody around me (including my family who I've tried
to train) just enables everything the apps ask for.  It's hard to
blame them.

I think the cycles are readily available.

Footnotes:
[1]  Maybe we could get Google to buy up their capacity?  "They may
say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one!" :-)  RIP, John.