Re: [tlug] video display

Fellow TLUGer,

On 08/12/2015 08:45, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
Is there a trick to obtain a SMOOTH video display on the Mint machine?
Some fancy setting someplace ...

I assume you're talking about the default video player for your distro which I'm not even using right now so others here could assist better; But,

In case of popular multimedia media player " VLC ", you've got video acceleration turned on where in fact you don't have video hardware accelerated to play with, thus producing the results you're describing.

In case of " VLC ", I can point to the exact place to turn it off and remedy.

Cheers,