Re: [tlug] Install Win 7 under VMware

On 2015/11/18 19:15, Raymond Wan wrote:
Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz <nyuwa@example.com> wrote:
My version is Windows 7 Professional. That is what the label on teh DVD
says.
Googling showed, that this version DOES NOT allow the installtion of the
Japanese language pack.
Only Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise can do that.
So, I "reinstalled", choosing "Ultimate" as version.
Installs just fine. Also allows installation of the Japanese language
pack*, an option that was not available with Professional.
Apparently, this one DVD contains all "versions".

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem...

But about the above, did you purchase Windows 7 or was it an OEM that
came with the manufacturer?  I purchased a Dell desktop in Japan and
when I bought it, I was told by the salesperson that the system comes
with just Japanese Windows (I think it was Vista...it's been a while).
Anyway, I needed a computer, so I didn't complain.  While looking for
drivers, I popped the recovery disc in and was surprised to see both
English and Japanese on the same disc.  So, I promptly took the disc
and replaced Japanese Windows with English.

Yes, it was an OEM. The disk came with the computer and the 2-3 times I used it NEVER showed its English face.