Re: [tlug] english -> japanese rikaichan-like app

On 27 August 2015 at 01:44, steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:

> I have a friend trying to learn English and she is suffering Rikaichan
> envy.  Is there an app like Rikaichan that goes from English to
> Japanese.  I've googled a bit but didn't find anything that looked likely.

Never heard of one. A major factor is the lack of a usable
EJ dictionary with which to build such an app. Eijiro is the
wrong sort of thing, and the only other one around I know of
is the old "gene95".  There are plenty of commercial EJs, but
they're not about to make their content available for nothing.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University