Re: [tlug] Best IME for an "i18n power user" on linux?

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015, at 02:02, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 01:23:44PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > Hmm.. Is there any reason that scim is not on this list?
> >
> > It works in 99% of the cases for me*.
>
> I think it's no longer maintained.

I was interested, as a former user, so just looked them up. Sourceforge
says latest update was last October, but this is what the project's web
site looks like now:

  http://www.scim-im.org/

That strikes me as not a good sign :=(

Word of caution to ibus users: I had ibus suddenly stop working on my
work machine when I upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.5 (and cannot downgrade
because Gentoo Portage main tree has purged the older versions, and I'm
too lazy to look for an overlay that has them, grrr).

I'd like to try mozc, but... <sigh>.... don't feel like having to mess
around after things get screwed up :=(

Dave