Re: [tlug] Smallest wireless pendrive compatible with debian free OS drivers?

On 03/20/2015 07:53 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 03:55:59PM +0900, Dotpix wrote:

I'm  guess that the OP means a wireless device with USB connection,
maybe something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-150Mbps-Raspberry-Supports/dp/B003MTTJOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426784757&sr=8-1&keywords=edimax+ew+7811

(That particular one works out of the box with Mint, as well as
FreeBSD-10.1 (though not FreeBSD-9.x)

Thank you so much Scott... i think that's what i was searching for.... i
saw same pendrive in the debian list few days ago but i couldn't find it
on sale :(
I'll buy and check if it's working and will confirm so that others will
not waste time in same research. :)
Note that I just checked it with Mint, not Debian, so I can't guarantee it.
I see it went up a couple of dollars, and is no longer free shipping at
NewEgg from when I got it, but it's still cheap.
(and shipping is less than a dollar).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=7811un&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Both Ubuntu and Mint have already all the most popular non-free firmwares preloaded after installation. Debian instead has only free OS firmwares installed at beginning and is the most comfortable way to make the test. Considering how hard is to find wireless pen running on free firmwares i bet even that model would fail :(
I'll keep searching to win this challenge!!