[tlug] Evolution does write Japanese - kubuntu

Needing to write my first email in Japanese, I recognized that this does not work

- kubuntu machine
- IBUs+Anthy works fine for switching between Japanes and English without any problem in all
applications I tested so far.

Looking for settings in Evolution I did not find / did not see a possibility to enable Japanese
writing.

In an older machine I am running Linux Mint Debian and Evolution works there fine.

I appreciate any hints on how to solve this. Thanks in advance.