[tlug] Representing a Space in a Path

There is probably a simple answer to this, but I am not finding it in my Unix User's Guide:

How do you represent a space in a pathname?

Explanation:

When I installed VirtualBox, it created a directory in /home/<username> called "VirtualBox VMs" and located the *.vdi files and the guest setup file directories beneath it. The *.vdi files and guest directories also have spaces in their names. When I attempt:

# cd /home/<username>/VirtualBox VMs/

-- or lower files or directories (such as WIN XP or WIN 7), Konsole replies:

# No such file or directory /home/<username>/VirtualBox

I am committing this self abuse because I want to resize a dynamically allocated virtual disk. So, I decided to try to directly reach that file and received the following output:

#:~$ VBoxManage modifyhd --resize 185040 /home/<username>/VirtualBox VMs/WIN7x64.vdi
Oracle VM VirtualBox Command Line Management Interface Version 4.3.20
(C) 2005-2014 Oracle Corporation
All rights reserved.

Usage:

VBoxManage modifyhd         <uuid|filename>
[--type normal|writethrough|immutable|shareable|
                                    readonly|multiattach]
                            [--autoreset on|off]
                            [--property <name=[value]>]
                            [--compact]
                            [--resize <megabytes>|--resizebyte <bytes>]

Syntax error: Invalid parameter 'VMs/WIN7x64.vdi'
Which means that modifyhd is attacking the address from the other side of the space and also is not understanding my instruction.

What to I type in in place of the space(s) to complete the address so that it is understood?