Re: [tlug] Linux distro compatible with 740MHz Celeron / 457MB RAM

On 2014-11-14 18:58 +0900 (Fri), nigel barker wrote:

> The specs you give are similar to a raspberry pi, on which debian +
> lxde is sluggish, so I wouldn't imagine Lubuntu would be that much
> fun.

It occurs to me that stripping out the session manager, etc., is
probably not going to make things much better for a desktop system
anyway, if you need a modern web browser. Chrome, Firefox and friends
want a relatively large amount of CPU and memory.

But it's all really pointless speculation without knowing what the OP is
trying to run on the system.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974