Re: [tlug] Oops, what a waste of a good cup of tea

Curt Sampson writes:
 > On 2014-11-05 11:06 +0900 (Wed), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 >
 > > 250W for 8 min?
 >
 > Sheesh! You young people these days have no idea what a real "oven" is,
 > do you?

Amusingly enough, just before I posted that I posted this:

A Denizen of Emacs-Devel writes:
 > > I wish it was called colorization-mode instead of font-lock. I think
 > > font-lock is a more and more confusing name.
 >
 > I agree, I've often wondered what was the idea behind that name,
 > just makes no sense to me... Unless I'm missing something here

Are you too young to have read a computer science textbook on paper?

Originally the idea was black and white presentation (colored pixels
were too fat for high density text) using fonts and faces to express
what today we use color to express.