Re: [tlug] Oops, what a waste of a good cup of tea

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> On 2014-11-04 09:46 +0900 (Tue), Lyle H Saxon wrote:
>
>> After [the keyboard had been] drying out for a year, it started
>> working again.
>
> It's not just for accelerating aging tests that we use ovens.
>
> For drying out keyboards, motherboards and the like, use exactly half
> the temperature and twice the time you'd use for hot dish.

Hmm... a light, dry heat for drying.  Makes sense.  I don't have an
oven though, so it's not a possibility.  In the case of keyboards,
after many years of buying computers, I have a few extras, so it's
easiest to grab an extra and forget about the wet one for a year or
two... or three or four.

Lyle