Re: [tlug] [CFP] Call for presenters - October Technical Meeting

On 2014年09月20日 11:59, A.Tomita wrote:
> we are looking for presenters for our next Technical Meeting in
> October.
>
> it will probably be held on October 11 (Saturday), in a new venue in
> Shibuya.

I have confirmed that I will be able to make a meeting on the 11th, and
Shibuya sounds very convenient!  Will we go ahead with the meeting on that
day?

I notice that nobody has volunteered to present yet.  I am currently short
on time, resources, and Internet connectivity, but I would be happy to
present something that does not require much of those! ;)  Here are my
ideas:

1. Adventures in Tail Call Optimization

(compiler or interpreter) that is essential for writing efficient
recursive functions.  Travis will explain tail call optimization and then
show its (mis)use in various programming languages, including some that
do not support it.

2. Introduction to Functional Programming: Hands-On with Racket

functional programming using Racket [1], a dialect of Scheme.  Please
install Racket (not Minimal Racket) onto a laptop and bring it with you to
the meeting!

3. Discussion: Presentation Wish List

technical meeting?  Travis will chair a discussion where we create a wish
list, which will later be posted to the mailing list so that any member
can pick a topic that they know about and share their knowledge at future
meetings.

If somebody else has a topic to present, I am can do any of the above in
1~1.5 hours.  If nobody else has a topic, I can any two of the above or a
long version of (2).  I would appreciate deciding quickly so that I can
create the slides for (1) and/or ask some Lisp friends if they can come
TA (2).

Thoughts or suggestions?

Travis

[1] http://racket-lang.org/