Re: [tlug] [tlug-admin] -help- TLUG video archives

Moved from tlug-admin[1] because it's of general interest.

Edward Middleton writes:
 > On 10/02/2014 01:12 AM, Jens Oliver John wrote:

 > > youtube-dl[0] offers a very simple way for downloading all the
 > > videos in the channel:
 > >
 > >    youtube-dl http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tlug
 >
 > Thanks that was what I was looking for.  Didn't realize it worked on
 > ustream.

Of course it does:

Corollary #1.1 of the Internet: if it works on site A, it very likely
works on site B too!

The main Proposition for deriving the Corollary is axiomatic:

Rule #1 of the Internet: rough consensus and running code.

The proof of the corollary relies on

Lemma #1 of Software: if you know what it does, it's usually easy to
get code running that does the same.

Of course then you run into

Theorem #1 of Software: Not all programs run at the same speed, and
the average is always slower than the maximum.

and

Stylized Fact #1 of Software: Your program will run slower, usually
much slower, than average until you install a better algorithm.

Footnotes:
[1]  Where there's a discussion of TLUG money going on right now --
last I checked -admin is open to all but you won't be able to give
input if you don't subscribe.