Re: [tlug] (off-topic) Unlimited data plan (mobile internet access) in Japan

>> the big companies won't go there (because, of course, they are legally
>> obliged to make a profit for their shareholders). [..]
>
> Does it mean that is in the law?

I think I may be wrong on that point, as I couldn't find a source to
confirm what I thought I'd read before. It might have been something
like if directors of a listed company make decisions to deliberately
lose a company money then they are legally liable. Or something like that??

I did find this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2013/06/26/the-origin-of-the-worlds-dumbest-idea-milton-friedman/

(Sorry for taking this off-topic thread even further off-topic... though
I'm sure there is a link with open-source software hiding just below the
surface.)

Darren