Re: [tlug] (off-topic) Unlimited data plan (mobile internet access) in Japan

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> Japan is still a zero competition/zero innovation/huge margins country
> in that area, just like USA. Feels like stuck into the late 90's.
>
> * In France it is ~4000 JPY for unlimited 20Mbps DSL...1Gbps Fiber,
> unlimited phone calls covering most of the world + digital TV.
>
> * French mobile plan is now ~2000 JPY for 20GB 4G data with unlimited
> calls including, again, most of the world.

How is the coverage outside Paris and other large urban areas?

Quite good in 3G. 4G is very limited (cities).
If you except islands, and mountain small villages, I would say that you get a signal
everywhere (sometimes you need to go outside house, especially old stone ones,
like in Brittany).

The problem is that companies have to (and want to) show *population number* coverage.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.