[tlug] Doubly-Used ThinkPad For Sale

I bought a used laptop from Curt in December 2009, when he was liquidating
Starling assets, via this list [1].  My (then girlfriend, now) wife used
it from then until a few weeks ago; she got a new laptop in preparation
for our pending move.  She just finished backing up her data, so we are
ready to find a new home for the old laptop.

It is a Lenovo ThinkPad R61e (model 76505VJ) [2].  Here are some specs for
this specific machine:

* Processor: Celeron 540 1.86GHz
* RAM: 2GB
* HDD: 80GB
* Video: Intel GM965/GL960 Integrated
* Audio: Intel 82801H (ICH8)
* Ethernet: Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express
* Optical: HL-DT-STCD-RW/DVD Drive
* Mouse: TrackPoint; 3 buttons below keyboard
* Battery: DEAD

Points to note:

* It is a 15.4" machine, so it is quite big and heavy for a laptop.  I
  would not recommend carrying it around Tokyo, but it is nice for the
  home/office, where it can be easily stored out of the way when not in
  use.
* There is no built-in wireless, but the ethernet works fine.
* The battery is dead, but the included power cable is surprisingly long.
  ;)

Possible use cases:

* This laptop is a cheap and portable replacement for a business desktop:
  it runs LibreOffice, Firefox, and Thunderbird fine!
* Have a parent or spouse who just wants something for Facebook, email,
  and/or home finance?
* Have a kid whose digital experience is limited to 携帯?  This laptop is
  an inexpensive way to let them learn how to type, experiment with Linux,
  learn some programming, etc.

I have zeroed the hard disk [3].  I can pass it along in that state, or I
am happy to install Debian Wheezy with XFCE and Japanese configured if
passing it on to somebody who is not yet confident in Linux installation.

Without Windows XP, we can only get 2,000 yen for it from Hard Off.  My
wife is happy to sell it for the same amount via TLUG.  We can send it by
COD (宅急便:着払い) and accept payment via bank transfer (振込), or I can
possibly bring it to the next technical meeting and exchange it for cash
(if I am still in Japan then).

Anybody interested?

Cheers,

Travis