Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd

On 2014/08/20 20:14, Bruno Raoult wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com
<mailto:nick@example.com>> wrote:

    On Aug 20, 2014 5:44 PM, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com
    <mailto:braoult@example.com>> wrote:

     > On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Nikolay Elenkov
    <nick@example.com <mailto:nick@example.com>> wrote:

     >> This is getting a bit OT, but yes, with older phones you do need an
     >> SD card. Nowadays even the cheaper phones have a at least 4GB of
     >> internal storage, so there is really no need for SD cards.
     >

     > I do need my 64Gb SD, when I sail for 3 weeks with no internet
    access.
     > Tablets should be able to handle my 20+ videos, music, books, etc...
     > 4Gb is ridiculous. I am not speaking about apps themselves, but
    about media files.
     > 4Gb = zero.

    So you need the storage, not the SD card itself. Current tablets
    ship with 32GB+, and you can connect external storage via USB if
    required.  No root required either.

I don't want to power an external device. And don't want to buy a new
tablet every 6 months.
I just need storage that I can use as I want. The name is SD.
And I want maybe to 2 or 3 64Gb SD, if I want more video.

I just don't like a company to tell me that I don't need it, because "I
should be connected 24/24, 365/365".

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.

I think he answered simply as "Bobby" or something like that.

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan