Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 - kernel update snafu

Fellow TLUGers,

On 20-06-2014 11:04, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> On 2014-06-20 at 14:33:26 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>>     The Btrfs code base is under heavy development. ... it's
>>     recommended to run the most modern kernel possible.
>>
>> Any software that recommends you keep your kernel updated to "most
>> modern possible" is beta software.
>
> Agreed. Every few months i check on the status of Btrfs. I am looking
> forward to the day that it is production-ready.

Quickly today, quoting some Wikipedia here (go there if you need
additional context):

" In summer 2012, several Linux distributions have moved Btrfs from
experimental to production / supported status, including SLES 11 SP2 and
Oracle Linux 5 and 6, with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 2. "

Being myself a fan for a while now, on my cheap, hybrid HDD + Asus stuff
combo from Yamada Denki, apart from the notion that you have to manage
the snapshots not to full choke your root FS every few weeks (auto
snapshots every software change), very happy with performance and the
absolute slew of great features.

Regards,
                SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. ~ fgs@example.com /
     suporte@example.com # +55-21-2544-3417 [@GMT-3]