Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 - kernel update snafu

On 2014-06-19 16:17, Raymond Wan wrote:
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM, Brian Chandler <brian@example.com> wrote:
[Memsource installer] simply does nothing. How would I get a clue whether this
is because it really only runs on "Official Vanilla Unity Ubuntu" or
what? (If I were a Debian user would using something notionally only
available for "Ubuntu" be harder? Easier? Impossible?)

Unlike Travis, I encountered the same problem you had.  It does
absolutely nothing.  I ran the latest version on both 14.04 and 12.04
with no success.  My guess is that it requires something to run and it
is silently failing with no error messages.  You should probably ask
the developers.  At the very least, they should add an error message
in their program.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you confirm you were running these on vanilla Ubuntu? Or Mint? AIUI, they only claim to support "Ubuntu", but the edge of the world is frazzled. No, I mean it would help if I can say "Friend cannot run on Ubuntu either"... Thanks!

Brian Chandler