Re: [tlug] "How to"

On May 12, 2014 3:22 PM, "Bruno Raoult" <braoult@example.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>  > > 1- You have 10,000 files, and you want to find
>>  > > duplicates. Sometimes, 1 file changes, or you add/remove one, so
>>  > > you want to find the changes quickly (let say daily). How?
>>
>> git init; git add .; git commit; while true; do git status; sleep 86400; done
>

> I am not sure tu understand (or maybe my question was not clear).

It seems that I have completely misunderstood your question...Completely disregard my answers.

But after reading all your replies, I am even more confused as to what is needed, what are the requirements and constrains ...

If you are trying to invent novel storage system, have a look at what is already there for MP3 in particular.  For a lightweight implementation try using xattr in a filesystem.  Other end is database, whether plaintext, CDB, sqlite or something more.

Kalin.