Re: [tlug] "How to"

Kalin KOZHUHAROV writes:
 > On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

 > > 1- You have 10,000 files, and you want to find
 > > duplicates. Sometimes, 1 file changes, or you add/remove one, so
 > > you want to find the changes quickly (let say daily). How?

git init; git add .; git commit; while true; do git status; sleep 86400; done

Perhaps wasteful of disk space.  (Actually finding the duplicates is
an exercise for the reader.  Requires sort and uniq in addition to git.)

 > rsync -HavPS src/ dst/ --dry-run

I don't understand how this is supposed to work.

 > > 2- These files have "meta-information" inside (let say date/time), that you
 > > can extract. how would you do?

GNU file(1) now handles metainformation fields in many file formats,
it would depend on exactly what you have.  (This is something I miss
with Apple's BSD file implementation.)