Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Sinking?
- Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:12:26 -0300
- From: "[SCA] SCHWARTZ, Fernando G." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Sinking?
- References: <CACDLhbY0Vi58ntkR=iH8DLKPg+7z0vEN-jw-=fzGYedCOgC4Ag@mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0
Lyle, thank you for your post. On 04/04/2014 01:40 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:So what's happening at Ubuntu these days anyway. There's the broken Japanese input issue (I know - it works just fine after jumping through some hoops, but you'd think the rocket science of having Japanese text input actually working when you install in Japanese would have been functional by now), and now I get this e-mail from them:Further info (and comments) were published here: http://blog.canonical.com/2014/04/02/shutting-down-ubuntu-one-file-services/My take is always the same. Linux desktop is too much of a niche for any business plan. Just ask Linus developing his code from his home sauna. Decade old discussion. Time passes and I always say in my family business; leave us alone with our desktop being 1.5% of running desktop computers.But from their business stand point, it's hard to keep the boat afloat. They were asking for donations prior to your Ubuntu .ISO download.On the other hand, v.14.04 will be the best yet. And I think will become "Windows XP" of Linux desktop.Thank you.
- Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Sinking?
- From: steve
- [tlug] Ubuntu Sinking?
- From: Lyle H Saxon
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Sinking?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Sinking?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Sinking?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links