Re: [tlug] OT: Blu ray writer a(and region free)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:31:21PM +0100, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> Please try to answer my initial question (which is more about blu-ray)?

BD computer drives should all be region free. Locking is done via
software. I never had any problems reading region A and B here in Japan
(they at least advertise region B and also, none of the drives I have is
USB).

With all that said, this discussion is a bit OT and imo dragged its feet
for too long already. Feel free to reply offlist if you need any more
specific information.
A better on-topic discussion would be how bad is playing blurays on
linux (unless you spend ~5,000 yen on MakeMKV)... but well...
--
mattia
:wq!