Re: [tlug] Blu ray writer a(and region free)

Bruno, not leaving your question unanswered,

On 03/19/2014 04:13 AM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
My old DVD device is getting tired, and I am looking
for a new one, which would include blu-ray reading and writing.

ASUSTek's model " SBW-06C1S-U " from 2011 fits the bill. I use it for off-line/off-site BD-R backup attached to a portable running the latest OpenSUSE or direct with some NAS.

Software wise, I never worried about the region stuff; don't remember having issues with that. I think you may consider this "unlocked" and popular "VLC player" doing the rest.

Regards,
--
                 SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. ~ fgs@example.com /
      suporte@example.com # +55-21-4042-4010 [@GMT-3]