Re: [tlug] Blu ray writer a(and region free)

Thanks Fernando,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 4:02 PM, [SCA] SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. <fgs@example.com> wrote:
Bruno, not leaving your question unanswered,

On 03/19/2014 04:13 AM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> My old DVD device is getting tired, and I am looking
> for a new one, which would include blu-ray reading and writing.

ASUSTek's model " SBW-06C1S-U " from 2011 fits the bill. I use it for
off-line/off-site BD-R backup attached to a portable running the latest
OpenSUSE or direct with some NAS.

Software wise, I never worried about the region stuff; don't remember
having issues with that. I think you may consider this "unlocked" and
popular "VLC player" doing the rest.

Did you read commercial DVD and blu-ray from different region?
My current (TV) player refuses to play Japanese Blu-Ray (Blu-ray does not have
the same regions as DVD: Japan and France are in different regions, while they
shared the same region for DVDs).

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.