Re: [tlug] What is the Sysadmin pager these days?

On 02/18/2014 04:32 PM, Alan Busby wrote:
On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM, David Blomberg <dblomber@example.com
<mailto:dblomber@example.com>> wrote:

So far the best I've found poking around online is these kids phones.
They're small, light, simple, with a long battery life. I'd have to hope
they'd have a loud ringer, as some of them have security buzzers...

Links;
- http://www.au.kddi.com/mobile/product/juniorphone/mamorino3/
- https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/kids_junior/hw01d/index.html

My impression is that AU has the best network, but if at all possible I would avoid mamorino3. They are the least robust keitai I have ever seen, which is pretty shocking for a device aimed at children. My daughters mamorino3 died in the second week.

After the wife brought fire and brimstone down on the AU shop they finally gave her a second hand replacement mamorino3 which somewhat works except that it randomly makes calls and the GPS buzzer randomly goes off, and I mean randomly.

Edward