Re: [tlug] What is the Sysadmin pager these days?

On 2014年02月18日 01:18, Alan Busby wrote:
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Benjamin Tayehanpour <benjamin@example.com> wrote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of being "on-call" that
you're essentially being paid to make yourself easily reachable?

This is only for a few weeks during a trial, so no extra pay, and I'm splitting the load with a single coworker.

If these are still in use, any idea who might sell them?
Searching on Amazon.co.jp and I'm finding smartphone covers that *look* like pagers...

   Have a Virtual Office in the house so they can call me 24/7 and trust me ops has terrible timing. As for pager SMS has been one of the main ones pushed.    Problem with having a "trial period" without specifications set is that trial period tends to last forever as it is cheaper for the company to call it good enough.

   Another problem with the old pagers is the coverage was awesome but as many people found out on March 11 a few years back was the Cell system has been gutted to the point that decent coverage is a thing of the past. I found a phone booth pretty quick so avoided the lines but the only friends that had coverage continue after the quake were AU users. My Softbank service was out until 10:30 that evening and a NTT friend of mine said about same for them.