Re: [tlug] refurbished Thinkpad X60 with Coreboot & Linux

Benjamin Tayehanpour writes:

 > Besides, I didn't mean "cheap" as in "affordable price for the
 > end-user". I rather meant cheap as in "low-quality, normal pricing,
 > great profits".

Sure, but if the victims knew how to identify "low quality", they
would vote with their wallets.  The problem is that in general they
don't, and their wallets just look for affordable prices (wallets
don't use printers very often, they don't care about quality!)

(BTW, the profits are not all that great.  Those companies as a group
have been in the tank since the Lehman shock, contributing chairmen to
the Keidanren[1] notwithstanding.)

Footnotes:
[1]  軽薄談合連合?