Re: [tlug] refurbished Thinkpad X60 with Coreboot & Linux

On 12/28/2013 02:08 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Benjamin Tayehanpour writes:

  > Besides, I didn't mean "cheap" as in "affordable price for the
  > end-user". I rather meant cheap as in "low-quality, normal pricing,
  > great profits".

Sure, but if the victims knew how to identify "low quality", they
would vote with their wallets.  The problem is that in general they
don't, and their wallets just look for affordable prices (wallets
don't use printers very often, they don't care about quality!)

Until they spend the morning trying to get the cheap s**t printer working on windows 7 to print the yearly nengojou. As far as I can see Linux printing is no worse then the equivalent commercial offerings, but given a small enough sample size you can see what you like.

Edward