Re: [tlug] Program to Mirror Individual Files?

On 11/19/2013 07:08 PM, SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. wrote:
If you want to transfer your virtual machines, please export then import appliance at destination. That's the recommended way.
Bit late for that ... the original is gone, but it was mirrored to a temporary disk before I cleaned the original HDD off and installed the new OS. I can start and run the mirrored installation as a standalone session and the VBoxes load and run.

On the file systems mechanics side, I would create a "NFS" share for that and export/import to/from that location.
Will look into how to do that.

Are both ends "Kubuntu" here? One side comment: that's one aspect, another virtualization solution called "Xen" excels at. On multiple "Xen" hardware, installations are just tied up. Virtual machines are physically transferred with no downtime. Regards,
No. But both are Debian derivatives (Debian 7 and Ubuntu 13.10) and the desktop is KDE.

--
CL