Re: [tlug] Program to Mirror Individual Files?

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM, David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> wrote:
This seems to be a very solid and mature piece of software that can
synchronize individual files in both directions, unlike (as I understand
it) rsync, which only works one-way. I've used it only a little, but
have plans in the near future to use it to make mirrors of my music
collection (sadly as I haven't done this yet, I can't report on the
experience).

I've used Unison for exactly that. I have various folders (Audio collection, settings etc) synchronized between multiple computers and it generally works really well.
Sometimes you can get differences in versions (between what's available on one platform and another) and are forced to upgrade all instances, and then of course you can get file name conflicts between case sensitive and case insensitive OSs. But have been using for more than 5 years I think and still going strong.

Cheers,
Birkir