[tlug] Wakame Users Group 002

Hi all

I know this is very short notice but I just wanted to inform everyone that this Friday (October 25th) the second Wakame Users Group meeting is taking place. Last time we had some people from TLUG over and I figured some of you might be interested this time too.

WUG is a more or less similar group to TLUG. We're an informal group that has technical talks followed by a nomikai. Our topics are IaaS, virtualization and open source projects related to it. As the name implies, we focus on our own open source IaaS system (Wakame-vdc) but any virtualization talk is welcome.

For this meeting we'll be talking about a new open source project we're releasing called OpenVNet. This thing does full network virtualization using openvswitch and openflow. More details below.

~Andreas

Wakame Users Group 002
======================

This meeting will include a technical presentation followed by a nomikai.

http://wakameusersgroup.org/

When?
=====

Friday October 25th
Doors: 18.30 Start: 19.00 End: 21.00

Where?
======

KDDI Web Communications
102-0083 Tokyo-to
Chiyoda-ku Kojimachi 3-6
Sumitomo Fudousan Kojimachi Building No. 3
http://www.kddi-webcommunications.co.jp/english/about/access.html

Doorkeeper
==========

If you are coming, registration on doorkeeper is encouraged but not required.

http://wakame.doorkeeper.jp/events/6696

Topics
======

We are planning to talk, and answer questions, about setting up and using Wakame-vdc, new Wakame-vdc updates and Virtual Networks.

To get ready to join us and follow along using your own virtual machine in your PC, please download your own virtual machine to your virtual box here: http://wakameusersgroup.org/demo_image.html

We will also introduce our new product, that is still in it's production phase at this time, named "OpenVNet" for creating an Edge Overlaid Virtual Networks.

Our focus and interests lie in these areas:

* Data Center Virtualization Technology
* IaaS
* Virtual Networks
* OpenFlow 1.3
* Open vSwitch 1.10 (OVS)
* Trema-Edge
* GRE Tunnel
* Ruby

If you are interested in these technologies too, and if you want to contribute your skill sets to a group that wants to help empower your future, or if you just want to be around people who are, we definitely hope that you will join us!