Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> On 10/08/2013 10:27 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
>> I wish Suse hadn't been sold downriver - it used to be a great distro.
>
> Please elucidate.  I left SuSE after a brief tryout.....

Without looking it up (in a bit of a rush at the moment with some things):

- Suse was a great distribution, and regarding dual language use, you
just set a "primary language" and "secondary language" and then it
worked with no other tweaking.

- Suse was then sold to Novel, who immediately released the usual PR
crap about "synergy" and everyone in both (former) companies will be
happy-happy-happy while better "serving the needs" of the customers,
etc.

- After... maybe a year?  Novel laid off most (all?, many?, I need to
look up the exact details...) of the European employees (which is
where Suse was from originally).

- And - predictably, things started sliding from there.

Lyle