Re: [tlug] To Set This World On FIRE...

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:41 AM,  <fgs@example.com> wrote:
> Now top that.
>
> " Linus Torvalds Admits He's Been Asked To Insert Backdoor Into
> Linux... "
>
> What the f*c* is going on in this world??? I mean, don't know what to
> say...
>
> Anyway. If you care to comment, please do.

Honestly?  Well, you won't want to hear this, but of all the things
that are happening in the world (i.e., just open any newspaper), I
think the last thing that would make me question "What's going on in
this world?" is this story or anything that's been going on related to
the NSA, Snowden's leaks, etc.

Sure, I guess I'm just a bit naive, but I am sure that even the best
locks in the world (i.e., the one on banks, etc.) has a backdoor.
Something that the person who designed the lock can use to get in for
"maintenance".  And of course, household locks, car doors, etc. can be
picked.  Locks are meant as a deterrent and (unfortunately) not
perfect security.  I guess it's meant to keep the people who don't
know anything away.

I would like to believe the computer security is different.  But, deep
inside, I don't think it ever could have been.  So, the stories have
been coming out aren't as surprising to me as why someone with a job
as a government contractor can get his hands on so much information...
 It does not surprise me police have guns to hopefully protect people;
I'm more concerned how police are selected than the fact they have
guns.  (If they can do their job without guns, then even better...)

Not a great analogy, but maybe you understand what I mean...

Ray