Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On 2013/09/01 12:43, Lyle H Saxon wrote:

This page (be sure to see the second page of the thread) covers it
pretty well.  I stupidly didn't notice there was more than one page to
the thread... until today.  So - solved.  Back up and running with
Japanese (on Kubuntu).  [The newly discovered issue of Ubuntu 12.04.3
not supporting my graphics card and producing no screen image is a new
worry, but now that Kubuntu is working, I'm OK...  but I find it
surprising that device driver support is different between Kubuntu and
Ubuntu.] Anyway, this page (Kubuntu Forum) covers the issue well:
http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?58929-Japanese-Input-Method-%28IME%29-on-Kubuntu-12-04-Precise-Pangolin

Glad you solved it on your own. I was going to write to say that I haven't had issues setting up Japanese input on any form of Debian or Ubuntu for several years, just installing the basic uim and anthy packages.

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan