Re: [tlug] shopping for a 7" tablet; non-Android linux on tablets... (topic drift)

On 06/11/2013 06:31 PM, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2013-06-07 17:34 +0900 (Fri), Darren Cook wrote:
>
>> The Adobe PDF reader is better on Android than on Linux.
>
> I don't find it to be so. It's missing a fair number of minor but useful
> features, such as using the document's specified page numbers rather
> than just starting the document from page 1. (With O'Reilly books, this
> means that the table of contents, starting on page i, usually starts

I use Overdrive Media Console (because it is required for our DRM
protected library books) which also works well with my O'Reilly and
PragPub books.  (The open source FBreader doesn't render code samples
well, but is fine for non-tech books.)

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/ZL2IA/AI8A  Te Anau, NZ        GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/