Re: [tlug] Recommendation for router with range

> One word of caution though. The Japanese version of this router comes with
> a it's own management interface. It's not quite DD-WRT and it's definitely
> lacking. For example it will let you do port forwarding but it won't let
> you specify a destination port different from the incoming port.

That is curious, as the Buffalo WHR-G301N Japanese interface does. It
took me a while to realize that "ゲーム&アプリ" meant port forwarding.
But I can choose a protocol and TCP port, then I can specify the "LAN側
IPアドレス" and "LAN側ポート". So I can forward global port 1234 to port
8080 on a machine inside the LAN.

The main limitation I found was in the firewall (セキュリティー, then IP
フィルター) I couldn't filter on state, e.g. NEW vs. ESTABLISHED.

But when I realized it was refusing connections on all ports anyway
(except those I was explicitly port forwarding), even without setting
any ip filters, I decided I didn't need it.

Darren