Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Character encoding stuff
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:36:12 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Character encoding stuff
- References: <51A76F77.firstname.lastname@example.org> <51A7DB95.email@example.com>
Darren Cook writes: > > (1) In particular, when scraping jigsaw puzzle manufacturer websites, I > > want to know what characters I'm looking at. ... > > I'll mention this as useful for character encoding work, but I don't > know if it helps for what you are doing: > > http://php.net/manual/en/book.intl.php ICU should have functions to look up characters by name and name by character. Unfortunately for us East Asians, the Unicode folks decided not to give real names to kanji, but instead call them "East Asian Ideograph 4E00" or something like that. Still that gives the OP what he asked for. > This is a heavy-duty set of functions, the ICU library, developed by IBM > originally (IIRC). That's correct. Don't say Big Blue never did anything for you!
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Recommendation for router with range
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Character encoding stuff
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links