Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 11:43:17 +0900
- From: Darren Cook <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- References: <519C7348.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130330 Thunderbird/17.0.5
Followup: I got a can of compressed air, and a few days ago I opened the notebook as much as I could without feeling I'd have to force it (*), removed the two hard disks, put a cocktail stick in the fan. I couldn't get to the fan very well, but did manage to get a couple of 1cm dust clumps out, and a load of finer dust blew out the back. This morning I've had load average between 3 and 4 for well over an hour, and it is roughly as hot outside as the previous time I gave it similar load. Looking at the reported temperatures it seems like dusting has taken it from 57-ish to 52-ish. I'm happy with that :-) Darren *: Which means not very open at all. These things are not designed for easy access, except for the areas where optional extras (like a modem) can be plugged in.
- Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
- [tlug] Dust busters?
- From: Darren Cook
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Character encoding stuff
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Dust busters?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links