Re: [tlug] [OT] Short-term cell phone access (SIM card, etc.)

On 21/05/2013 15:52, SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. wrote:
"It is prohibited by law to provide SIM card with phone number to
short-term travelers in Japan for security reason."

OK, this is interesting. We bought a Softbank pre-paid phone, which we lend to guests when they visit us. (I don't think any of them have tried swapping the SIM into their phones.) I hadn't realised we're breaking the law...