Mailing List Archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlug] [OT] Short-term cell phone access (SIM card, etc.)

If you have an unlocked phone, you can use a Japanese SIM. If not, you can
rent a phone at Narita and use that (expensive). Or use roaming which is
also expensive but works OK for the occasional call (e.g, when they get
lost :)). Generally not good for data.

B-mobile has a 'visitor' SIM which you can order online and have delivered
at the Narita post office so you can pick it up when you land. It's data
only though. As far as I know, buying a voice SIM requires a permanent
address in Japan, so not really available for visitors. You can rent one
from Softbank (and probably others) though.

Thanks!  I'll pass the information along and also archive this for future use!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index

Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links