Re: [tlug] [OT] Short-term cell phone access (SIM card, etc.)

Dear Nikolay,

Would testify in favor of the "B-mobile" solution, which I used last
November. They merely resell you a "NTT Docomo" for their "subnet", if
you like. And you can get a discount if you activate the service over
the phone.

However, bear in mind that this service delivers mobile data speeds
(300kbps) and they explicitly block a few key service ports like "VoIP".
But naturally you can get around those port limitations if you know the
drill (a.k.a. "port tunneling").

I was able to do quite a few of my SysAdmin chores (jabber chat, ssh
terminals...) with this while on the streets of beloved Tokyo.

Therefore, "worked for me". All depends on what you need.

Regards,