Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] [OT] How's the job market?
- Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 12:20:14 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] [OT] How's the job market?
- References: <1367891167.16196.140661227414693.2EC78251@webmail.messagingengine.com>
David J Iannucci writes: > How hard do you think it would be for me to score a nice > programming gig with enough income to raise a family in the current > Tokyo job market? Looking at the software and web sites I'm forced to use, I'd say if you have one settable neuron left in your brain, you'd be more than qualified here. Most of the software engineering profession seems to have been burned into ROM in 1995. (Present company excepted....) More seriously, the financial markets are going great guns, and they seem to have a big appetite for programmers in general and gaijin in particular. Footnotes:  I thought this wasn't actually OT on this list, as long as you're not a spamming headhunter. :-)  And I'm just bitter, of course. Surely there is great software being written in this country ... it's just not being used by my employer or the volunteer organizations (including GSoC!) I work with.  Actually, Melange isn't *all* bad ... when it deigns to reply at all. :-)
- [tlug] [OT] How's the job market?
- From: David J Iannucci
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] How's the job market?: COBOL?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Emacs and decomposed unicode...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] How's the job market?: COBOL?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] How's the job market?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links