[tlug] [OT] How's the job market?

Hi all,

I need a new job starting soon, and we would really like to move back to
Tokyo from the US (wife is J nat'l so no immigration worries). I'm a
"dinosaur" developer... i.e. I have a fairly long career programming,
but I don't have a lot of sexy, newfangled stuff on my resume, nor
(sadly) do I have demonstrable experience leading people or projects.
And I'm not young :-/

How hard do you think it would be for me to score a nice programming gig
with enough income to raise a family in the current Tokyo job market? Of
course it's not possible to say anything for sure without a lot more
detail about me :-) but just looking for the general outlook...

Any thoughts or leads will be much appreciated.  Looking forward to
being able to attend TLUG meetings again after ages and ages...!

Dave