[tlug] Linux Notebook

What are the options, in Tokyo, for buying a notebook that doesn't come
with Windows pre-installed? Either linux pre-installed, or no OS at all.

Competitively-priced, minimal spec (for a new computer). Brand-name
manufacturer not important.

Thanks,

Darren

P.S. It used to be I was annoyed by Windows pre-installed just for the
extra cost to me for no real value; but Windows 8, and that new BIOS,
make me nervous that it might stop me installing Linux at all.