Re: [tlug] WiMax for mobile internet?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@example.com> wrote:
Hi all

I'm looking at upgrading my ca. 2009-era Emobile USB dongle to WiMax.

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with this?

I'm planning to get a portable wifi version, so presumably Linux
compatibility will not be an issue.

My main concern is coverage - Emobile has been very reliable even out
in the sticks, how does WiMax measure up?

Thanks for any comment

At the office we have people with both LTE (EMobile/Softbank) and WiMax. Coverage is definitely better on LTE, especially because it drops down to 3G when faster connectivity is not available. WiMax is spotty, still, unfortunately.

I'd recommend an EMobile LTE, works great and it's really fast.

    Pier