Re: [tlug] Billing a company

A quick search pulled up this:

http://www.makeleaps.com/en/resources/invoices/excel-japanese-invoice-template/

The template looks ok.

From my experience it depends on how big the client is - if they are small then generally they dont mind being invoiced by an individual. I would put something like the above together and then ask the client if they are ok with that. Make sure to put your bank account details on it so they can pay you, and a pay-by date. Most companies have a payment process, so will pay on that day. You should also put something to the effect of "bank transfer fees are the responsibility of the payer" if it is an overseas payment.

As far as tax is concerned, if it is for a small amount, I would collect sales tax (include it on the invoice). Then when tax time comes around, take the invoice along with your other tax related documents along to the tax office. Most places can arrange an English speaking person to help you, and they are quite helpful. Don't forget a list of your expenses and any receipts.

(usual disclaimer - I am not a tax expert, use at your own peril etc etc).